We’ve just published our first video of SHiFT Conference, at the official Blog, from a presentation entitled Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Shifting Role of DesignÃ¢â‚¬Å“, by Luke Wroblewski the principal designer at YAHOO! Inc.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s Social Media group and former Lead Interface Designer of eBay IncÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s.
You can watch the video at:
As I promised last week, here are the results of the iPhone poll.
Are you planning on buying an iPhone??
- 24.1% – No. I don’t like it (7 in 29)
- 17.2% – Only if it gets 3G (5 in 29)
- 13.8% – Yes, to replace my cell phone and my iPod (4 in 29)
- 10.3% – Yes, of course (3 in 29)
- 10.3% – No. I like it, but I prefer a cell phone and an Ipod (3 in 29)
- 10.3% – No, thanks. I don’t like Cisco produts. 😉 (3 in 29)
- 6.9% – Only if it’s not tied to Vodafone, TMN or Optimus (2 in 29)
- 6.9% – Only if they opened the SDK (2 in 29)
- More than 44% aren’t thinking on buying an iPhone. 24% doesn’t even like it;
- More than 30% of the responders only think on buying an iPhone, if some conditions became true, like iPhone getting 3G;
- Only 24% are positive that they going to buy a iPhone.
I’m a little surprised with this results. What’s your comment?
If you want to buy a new (advanced) cell phone, you should question yourself:
What kind of cell phone do I want?
a. A PDA with a phone, like HTC P3600 or HP iPAQ hw6915;
b. A phone with a PDA, like the Sony Ericsson P990i or Nokia N80;
c. A phone with a MP3 player, like Motorola Rokr or Sony Ericsson W850i;
d. A MP3 player (or should i say an iPod) with a phone, like iPhone;
After answering this question, then you can think:
- What’s my budget? (added at 15:11 – 11.01.2007, thanks to a tip from Rui Moura)
- Do I want a touch screen with stylus?
- Do I want a good camera?
- Do I want/need GPRS/UMTS?
- Do I want WiFi?
- Do I want GPS?
- Do I want to be able to expand the memory?
- Does it should be open and be able to install 3rd party software?
By answering this questions, you will be able to choose the right phone for you.
ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s confirmed. After being present at the 1st edition, I will be attending LIFT 07, next February, 7-9, in Geneva. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve just finished my registration, booked my flights on Easyjet (it will be my first fly on Easyjet), and booked my room in CityHostel.
For those who never, ever, heard anything about this conference,
LIFT is a gathering of talented observers, explorers, and builders who discuss the current challenges and creative solutions presented by emerging technologies. LIFT is three days to face cutting edge business models, bold predictions, radical thinking, and get new ideas to inject into your own part of the planet.
LIFT has a simple goal: connect people who are passionate about new applications of technology and propel their conversations into the broader world to improve life and work.
So far, as much as I know there are 5 Portuguese registered. Anyone wants to join us?